Old 08-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Greeter Eva

I think it's rude to return fabric. Surely you know what you want when you get them to cut it. Unless they have really cut it wrong or it has a flaw in it when you get it home.I worked at Walmart & I've seen how people abuse the system & that's why the prices are what they are.
Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
Yesterday I was at Joann's to buy some St. Patrick's day fabric. I don't normally buy fabric there because of the quality (or lack thereof). I found what I wanted in the sale (red tag) section and as the woman was cutting the fabric she said, "Since this is on sale you can't return it." Well, I was in my own little world and suddenly...wait! What?!? She said, "If you buy fabric at Joann's, as long as it wasn't on sale, you haven't cut it again and it hasn't been washed, you can return it"!! I have never heard such a thing! It's kind of like buying a book, reading it and then returning it for a refund. She said that people do it all the time...I didn't even get the memo that this was allowed! Very surprising to me...am I the only one out of the loop on this? Did everyone know but me? That just doesn't seem like a very good idea from a business standpoint.