View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Luvtoquilt100

Just thought I would provide an update. Was still having problems with this machine - been back to dealer a couple more times in the last few months. I ended up sending an email to Bernina asking them to take it back and give me my money back because I was so disgusted with this machine. Was told by them it was operator error. They then notified the dealer to give me more training and boy was she not happy. Funny, she had the same problems with the bobbin that I did, but you know, somehow it was still my fault. Then I had the same problems again with this machine (bobbin jamming up, constantly getting the broken thread message), so again took it back. When I went back to pick it up, I figured I'd take a half day of vacation because the dealer is not that close to me and she could give me some training on it that she said I needed. (she is only open for 3 hrs in the morning on Saturdays) I called her first to make sure she was going to be there and open all day. Yes, she was going to be there all day. When I got there to pick up my machine, we did a few test stitches and it seemed to work. I asked her to give me some training on the features and she said, "I'm only here for 5 more minutes. You'll have to come back another time." So much for being there all day. She is in a small town so I image that most of her business has to come from out of town people and she is definitely not accommodating. She was rather rude and nasty. When I went home and tried sewing on it, again I got the broken thread message after only a few stitches. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. I'm now afraid to sew on this thing. I would also like to mention that I stopped into a sewing store that used to be a Bernina dealer. When I asked them why they weren't selling them anymore, they said they had a lot of trouble with the new 830s and Bernina would not stand behind them. To save their own reputation as a good dealer, they quit carrying them. That's pretty sad. I just don't think these companies want to stand behind their products anymore.