View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 08:06 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
I am just starting to quilt again after several years. One of the things I love about it is that I can create beautiful things in my own home without having to deal with a lot of people. I know that sounds antisocial, but I am an introvert and need my quiet time (I teach for a living.). I have no desire to join a club or a guild or take a class (other than online at my own pace). I enjoy this forum very much, though. I get great ideas here, and I love seeing other's projects. Are there other lone (and happy to be that way) quilters out there, or is it just me?
I enjoy my time with my fabrics. I've always got something going. I'm finishing up a Carpenter's Wheel big block quilt top-------going to have to decide on borders before the week is up. And got a few dozen mug rugs in the works. Easy ones. I also found a sleep shirt that I love so much that I'm taking the original (yard sale item) apart to use as a pattern since I can't seem to find similar pattern to use.

And the on-going shopping bags and pillow cases as well as some really cute men's shirt pillows.