Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 AM
DOTTYMO

I went to a retreat after only quilting for about 30 weeks. " I was in the group I didn't want it was painting on fabric I really wanted the log cabin group. I took my brother which was okay and sat at the back. I wax terrified but the lady opposite kept telling me what to do in a low whispe she was great. Also a lady from somewhere told me I was using the wrong foot. I did enjoy at the end but the retreat was has not happened since. I did a workshop 3 days at NEC where you find your own accommedation.loved it. Sometimes I have noticed you need to take even the kitchen sink especially when the tutor is coming from somewhere else and only sees the setting when they arrive. The NEC was one small room with 16 in machines supplied , but no room. Luckily we all Worked together ie the ruler we needed only a few of use had one I shared mine with 3othesnand we just sorted ourselves out by working at different speeds.
So friendly classes for both and helpful . Looking at the price sit some of these lately I have thought they are too expensive and not gone.
Enjoy next time and what you sew with is not important. When taking a sewing machine it is always my lightest. Purchased for classes. I'm not a strong man. With one class we jelled better after a fire drill where we had to wait in a closed pub for an hour until fire brigade let us in and we had to talk with no sewing.