Old 09-24-2013, 05:15 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Does the wheel turn when you take release the clutch?
Does the machine turn when you drop the feed dogs?
I can't see inside that machine and the picture doesn't show up on my screen. Is the needle bar bent?
My sister is fighting with a Singer 15 that sewed through a lot of layers and had to have the needle cut out to get the thing un-jammed. The throat hole broke out of the plate. Nothing moves on hers since. I am suspecting all kinds of things... maybe a bit of needle or fluff or needle plate bits in the works below. maybe the needle bar bent somewhere with all the heavy load. Maybe it went out of time... I can't see inside yours or hers... I have one here that had loose gears under the machine. I tightened them up and sewed a while. All of a sudden it quit moving fabric. The gears got loose again. I would never have guessed that one with out seeing it. That Singer has a gear box that has no cover plate and a lot of lint gets in it. I suspect it got overwhelmed and broke loose some how. When a machine gets overloaded something is going to give. It is possible someone put a load on it.
All that said... if you got it to move, there is stuck oil somewhere.
When you use the T-F turn the machine - turn the hand wheel if you can. You can also turn the machine upside down, side ways, on it's back, end to end... You need to have some way to keep it from falling over. Some times the machine just needs time out and some T-F... I had a Pfaff under some junk in the shop for months. I kept turning it once in a while and one day it was ok. Now it needs to be wired.

Last edited by miriam; 09-24-2013 at 05:21 PM.