Old 11-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Elisabrat

I kill one seam ripper at year. it simply gets dull. Yup my buddy old pal seam ripper dies. Good thing they are not expensive. phew. Jan gave me a sharp blade type of seam ripper she could tell us what its called but its a tiny cicle on one side. Exacto type blade? It is absolutely marvelous for ripping seams but you have to be careful its awfully sharp and you could cut yourself good also you can cut the fabric which is not fun at all.. but its fast and I like fast since I use it so often

I just finished four sides for a round robin. put on one fit perfectly. Second side would not go center. It was off and it irked me and irked me and I measured four or five times.. it was fine. Sat back and pouted. re measured.. and well it was fine.. and measured..fine.. pouted more.. measured.. oh heck there it was .5 inches too small on one rectangle. now I have to go back rip out that border, take out that section, make a new one, resew the whole thing and all because I didn't measure twice the first time. I could not send it out that way it would have killed me .. sending things on to other quilters well they would see it in a second. people who don't quilt don't usually catch stuff like that but well.. I would rather eat my shoes than send that on and trust me you would never want to eat MY shoes.