Old 11-30-2013, 12:00 PM
dabbler312

I took the needle plate off my old machine so I could change it to a straight stich plate - did I ever get a shock by all the lint that was built up under there - every time I change the bobbin I use the little brush and clean it out so I thought my machine was super spiffy - what a knucklehead I am. Oh well - my old machine will now become my portable going to class machine as I picked up my new one yesterday. I have much to learn and the only way will be with practice. First I have to clean up my sewing room - what a mess - I have more quilt magazines than carter has pills - it's long past time to clean it up; I'll save the patterns I want and put them in a 3-ring binder and toss the rest.
We laugh and joke that sometimes I feel like I'm one gene cell away from becoming a hoarder - I have trouble getting rid of magazines.

My daughter and I braved the crowds Thursday night - our celebration was finished for the day so when she called to invite me along I figured why not. We waited outside in line a few minutes for the doors to open - went in and picked up a king size down filled comforter and a new mattress pad - each $20 - both items originally over $100; stopped at one other store for a door buster finished shopping and was back home within a half hour.

Wishing you all a sew beautiful day.