Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Lizard

I love Ikea. In my room I have two Expedite shelves and a Dombas wardrobe. I have a problem with the wardrobe, it's the first time Ikea has ever failed me, but there are supposed to be three doors, and whoever drilled the holes for the brackets didn't take into account that the panel in the middle needed to be offset...hard to explain. I can only have either the double set of doors on, or the single. I don't have any, but I'm pretty much the only one who goes in there besides my daughter, so nothing needs hidden away.

That said, I have had PAX wardrobes before and I loved them. Very sturdy, loads of customize options and if you get tired of something, it's easy to switch it out. Billy has great bookcases, they have doors and height extensions if you need/want them. I'm currently using a Hemnes dresser in my entry, hides all the bits of stuff that need stored out of sight (gloves, scarves, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, five million candles) and it's holding up great considering the amount of use it gets in a day.

I also have Trofast in the kids rooms. They're teenagers now, but they've had them since they were small. I just switched the drawers out for the newer more "mature" colors and added the shelves you can get. I've painted them too since bare wood was the only option when I bought them.

Ivar is my bookcase in my office, I have a bazillion books, so I bought the deep shelves and high end pieces. That holds up better than any bookcase considering the amount of weight I've got on there. But there are options for cupboards and pull out drawers on those, and they can be painted/stained to match whatever you want.

I heart Ikea, and whenever I have an organizing problem my husband just sighs and says, "we're going to Ikea aren't we?" It's only a five hour drive. LOL