Old 03-31-2014, 10:46 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Jim,

I'm totally envious. That package is sure a sight for sore eyes. A good idea to dwell upon the positive.

LOL...my DH just came in with a machine that arrived at our gate. "That one's packed well," (thumbs up.) You can see that at least I've got the hubby trained.

~ Cindy
Ha Ha! Here's a funny update to this. My husband and I were marveling on how well this sewing machine was packed. So much so, that we got out the camera to take pics in order to document how to pack a sewing machine. I was thinking, "Geez...this must be a SM collector that sent me this machine. I wonder which machine it is? I'm not expecting any fancy, high-end machine to arrive."

I carefully unwrapped it, layer by layer and when I got to the machine, I didn't recognize it...well, not at first. It turns out that this machine was originally purchased by me on EBay about a month ago. It arrived in shambles, poorly packed, with parts missing and case smashed. So, opened up a case with EB. They took my side and totally refunded me my money, including shipping. They also gave me a shipping label in order to ship the SM back to the seller. I guess the seller moved, because the UPS tracking says that they tried to deliver it, but couldn't, so it was returned back to me.

There was not a hair out of place. The box was solid and the SM came back to me just as I had sent it, snug as a bug. I know, I sound a little arrogant, but I'm proud of my packing skills and they certainly paid off. Now...what the heck do I do with this SM? (I'll post pix of the unpacking as soon as I can.)

~ Cindy