View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 06:14 AM
homebody323

I cut my own hexies from card stock. For the fabric I actually take straight vano starch and on pieces about 1/2 yd I paint it on soaking the fabric, then I smooth it onto a flat surface. I have a smooth metal door I use for this, put paper on the floor to catch drips - side of fridge works well. After dry, I press the fabric. Now cut it into sizes that are big enough for the hexie form and seam allowance. You can finger press over the edge of the papers. Now take a stitch on the back side where the seam allowance is at each corner one stitch, then move to next corner leaving that long thread between each stitch and go all the way around to the start stitch and knot off. They stay nice and neat, perfect match at corners and the card stop will just pop out easily when you have attached the next row. Don't remove the papers till the next row is in place. Here' a picture of mine waiting for me to add them. Notice the seam allowance is larger than needed. Just before I take out the papers I trim them down. A step you don't need to do, but I like the extra for when I'm folding them in place so I don't have to be so careful about positioning them and worry about coming up short on one corner. [ATTACH=CONFIG]473695[/ATTACH]
I store them in an old 3" floppy box and since one round takes 8 hexies in the pattern I'm doing, I rubber band them in quantities of 8.

Happy stitching
Attached Thumbnails cam00022.jpg