View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 07:48 AM
sparkys_mom

Originally Posted by beaglelady View Post
That would have been so dissappointing for you amandasgramma! I don't buy precuts much either but have bought them once from Connecting Threads. The ones I bought only had 20 charm squares per pack so I had to buy quite a few to make a quilt. It seems on CT site the charm packs contain the number of fabrics there are in that particular collection, so they are all different. ( but they tell you quite clearly in their ad the number you get) Well, have fun sewing up the ones you got!
I haven't double checked it in awhile but the last time I did, the CT charms and jelly rolls come out to be the same price as their yardage ... not something you see with most precuts. If you calculate the yardage in a pack of precuts from most places, they are almost always more expensive than if you purchased yardage and cut your own. Their jelly rolls are usually only about half what you would get in a regular one but the price is definitely right and I don't always want a full jelly roll.

If I want charms or jellies all of the same fabric, I use my June Taylor Shape Cut and cut my own.