View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
sdhaevrsi

Thanks, it is good to hear others' experience with these. Bearisgray, it did need a new bobbin tire. It was hidden, and I didn't find it until I took off the top for the cleaning. I have put a new one on.

Manicmike, I had read that review yesterday, too. That one, and the one on Sew-Classic, and some on here, sounded good. And I figured I couldn't go wrong with it being free, ha!

The bobbin it had in it is a real cheap, flimsy thing. I will have to get a decent one to really try the machine, I don't even want to run it with this thing in it.

Also, bigger issue, I am pretty sure something is wrong with the tension set up. The little metal dish-type-disks that sit face to face, and that whole inner part of the knob, is very loose. I need to find info now on what a tension set up should look like, and how to go about doing something about it. The thing I am concerned and especially puzzled by is that the silver rod that inserts into the machine from that tension knob is very loose in itself, and I can't figure out how one could adjust that part. I hope it isn't hopeless. If anyone has ideas please let me know. In the meantime, the machine is clean, greased, and waiting for me to figure something out.

I am afraid to even bump it at this time, and will clean it better later.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by sdhaevrsi; 06-03-2014 at 03:54 PM.