Thread: Sewing Table
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 03:46 AM
Barb in Louisiana

This board is the best place to bring a question or idea to. Someone has done it or knows where to go to find info to do anything related to quilting or piecing.

A couple of years ago, I bought a dining table (seats 6) from WM for less than $100. It was to be specific to my sewing. My plan was to do the cutout for my machines making it level, but I was uneasy about the strength of the inset base because my Brother Innovis 4000D is a bit heavy. I mostly forgot about this project, because the table worked pretty good except for giving me back cramps. You know how us quilters are...... If it isn't broke, don't fix it, just keep on quilting. I never got around to researching how to do it, mostly because of the weight concern.

I thought about adding the clear acrylic table to the cutout, as EB suggested, but because I would like the table to go back to being whole when I need it, will probably go with the minimal cutout as the other two sites suggested. I am going to save the first cutout from the table, add wood blocks underneath to bring it back up to the tabletop level. Drill a hole I can put a finger through to make this part that was cutout a removable part of the table. I believe this will give me both a sewing and embroidery table.

Now, to see if hubby can work this into his schedule.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 06-10-2014 at 03:48 AM.