Thread: Chemo Quilt?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 08:23 PM
rexie

Default Prayer Quilts

I make prayer quilts and give them to people. I use the trip around the world pattern that I cut down from the large size and it makes a perfect size quilt...not too heavy, but just cozy enough for those cold rooms. I use 5 different fabrics which are tailored for that particular persons likes. For instance a man I knew came down with cancer. He liked hunting, fishing, worked for a tire plant, was a Christian and loved his family. So each fabric depicted one of these things. I add borders out of the same fabrics and they turn out so nice. I usually quilt by hand the borders and then we send the quilt to their church and each person comes up, says a prayer and ties a bow in the ribbon used to tie the quilt. The recipients are so proud to have their personalized quilt.

Originally Posted by ShelleyCS
A family member is undergoing a mastectomy next week and at will be followed by 3 months of chemo. I want to make her a quilt to keep her warm for chemo. For those of you who have made chemo quilts, I'm wondering what size is best, should I use a flannel backing, and can anyone recommend a quick, easy and pretty pattern? I want to get this to her as soon as possible. Any other suggestions welcome. Many, many thanks for your help!