Thread: Chemo Quilt?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 10:54 AM
OES184

I made a quilt for my sister when she was battling pancreatic cancer. It was backed by fleece. I made a zippered pocket to hold her cell phone, lotion, paperback, ID card, or whatever she wanted to keep with her. It also included a foot pocket. This kept her feet warm without allowing her to pull the quilt up beyond her feet. She apparently received quite a few queries from other chemo patients on where to get one. I don't recall precisely the size, but it was essentially, the width of the fleece by 6 feet. I needed the quilt quickly, so I used VERY large fabric pieces; the sewing is nothing to brag about, but it served its purpose. I chose all dotted fabric, since she told me she liked circles. I embroidered her name on the quilt, in case there was ever any question about who the quilt belonged to. Sadly, she passed away on Good Friday (April 19) this year, but she used the quilt every day, whether at home, in the hospital, or hospice.

I intended to include photos, but I can't get them to resize. I'll do some more research and try again later.

Marcia