Thread: Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 03:59 PM
Janie67

Originally Posted by Dorrie View Post
I have spent a lifetime sewing and doing crafts. About 5 or 6 years ago I made a queen sized quilt. VERY PROUD...no instruction.
Decided to join quilt class on a monthly basis. Each month we learn to piece a new block. I CANNOT DO IT. I cannot cut straight or sew straight enough to be accurate. (I have tried every suggestion known to mankind) I stick to it! Several years, same class. An occasional one comes out right. (BY ACCIDENT) I recently joined a swap and have delivered 12 blocks. It took me weeks and wasted lots of material. I am now considering dropping out even though I love it........Is it possible for someone never to be able to piece correctly?
I have tried pre cuts with some success. Magic suggestions is what I seek. Thanks for listening and your help.

Dorrie

have have you ever thought of trying JoAnns block of the month blocks and finishing kits? They come precut, have beautiful fabrics and you end up with a beautiful double size quilt. They usually have 2 different quit options available and they are quite pretty. Once you have experienced success with this precut option you may be better with doing your own design or another pattern.