View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 AM
oldtnquiltinglady

Default Featherweights locking up

What was it with the FWs yesterday--one in Texas and one in Tennessee in my small world of friendships. I talked with my sister and my friend and they both made comments about "I don't know how it happened, but my FW locked up on me, won't budge, dead in the water, what did I do"--and that was my question to them, "What did you do to it?" went through all the scenarios of taking the bobbin out, looking for a thread locked into the bobbin race (they are both pretty careless sewers); and still can't figure it out.

I know I need to post a picture here, but since they are there and I am here, I can't do that. So if any of you have any suggestions that I might call and offer them, I would appreciate it. I will be going to see my sister (the TN one) tomorrow and will be checking hers out and might be able to come up with a picture of hers later on. The TX one, I won't be seeing about hers for a month or so since DH and I are planning a road trip down there in October; and she is willing to wait for me to fix it for her. There are no sewing machine repair people anywhere in Texas, according to her. We have had a post on this subject recently, if I remember correctly.