View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 07:40 PM
maviskw

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Mavis, Here is one link to the Mice in Pants article. There are other places it shows up as well.
http://tapyourpower.sourceforge.net/...case_1707.html Jan in VA
Thanks so much, Jan. It was a wonderful article. I had tried self-hypnosis years ago, and still use some of those principles.
As for weight loss, I had about 30 pounds to lose, but that didn't really bother me. I'm tall and don't show it that much. People usually tell me I am thin. Then I read an article about eating eggs for breakfast - fried in butter. I found that when I ate the eggs in the morning, I wasn't hungry till about 11:30, and that was a good time for lunch. I continued the eggs for about 2 years, not giving it much thought, but also reducing my sugar intake. After two years, I noticed my pants were getting big for me. I was shocked when I got on the scale. One other thing we have been doing is eating "TV Dinners", but not the kind you buy in the store. I make good food, a lot of it from my garden, using butter for flavor, and serve it on a tray. Just enough for my husband and me with no leftovers for second helpings. We sit in the living room and watch Wheel of Fortune, and by the time that is over, we have no desire to find more food. Eating a little fat - good fat, like butter and bacon, makes your brain think it is full, and you have no desire for more. I also have been drinking whole milk for the last 3 years. We haven't eaten white bread for more than 20 years. I gave up sweet rolls (I love sweet rolls), when the eggs gave me the will-power to do that.
So I guess the bottom line is, get rid of the sugar and eat some good fat.

Last edited by maviskw; 08-24-2014 at 07:45 PM.