View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 07:53 AM
squires1042

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
There are a number of different 'Heat & Bond's '...it is important to make sure you get the. Heat & Bond Lite. Which is made to be sewn, is not stiff. The regular heat & bond is more a craft item, non-sewable and not for laundered projects. Also, unlike steam a seam which you use steam for Heat & Bond is fused with a dry iron, so, if you used steam that could be why it did not hold. I've tried most of the fusible products on the market and for me Heat & Bond Lite is my favorite, sorry you had a problem with it. Did your (yards of it) not have the instructions with it? You can visit the website for the usage instructions. I'm at work & cannot check for sure but I know you have to hold the iron in each spot for something like 4-8 seconds, then lift, reposition iron... And use a dry iron on cotton setting. One thing though- you didn't mention what fabric you were using, I have found some batiks do not take well to fusibles, prewashing with detergent- no fabric softener and no sizing or starch added to the fabric gives the best outcome with all of the fusibles
I agree with these comments also got notice from my suppliers steam a seam in 2 to4 weeks