Old 08-29-2014, 02:46 PM
yobrosew

Default My Quilting Board Journey has led me to.......

First the Pics make the machine look much better and shinier than it really is. The lady I got it from never cleaned/restored after she bought it seven years ago; all she ever did was dust it. However, I think she used household chemicals spray between time pics took and we picked up. I have never used a treadle before and easy-peasy right off the bat! I probably paid too much for it but the cabinet, to me, is a quality piece of mission furniture. I wanted it for the treadle but now am in love with the machine. We instantly bonded, for sure. The bench the lady made herself to her leg length which happened to match mine. I probably paid too much for it but then, maybe not. I probably could have offered less but when I got right down to it, I was comfortable paying that amount. I want to sew, like yesterday and do not have time to work on restoring one so I won't be embarrassed to admit I spent $275. (I know you all would be curious but might be too polite to ask!) These pics are from the ad, not ones I took. Like I said, these pics make the machine look really good shape, which is a bit missleading. I have wanted a treadle for years but thought it would need be a mid-century machine, assuming the older ones were longer working. Alas! The Board opened my eyes. So, here I am thinking I must have only one machine that meets regular sewing/mending/quilting and thus, no straight stitch. Ha! No more. I now have my treadle, a ss and I can still have my mid-century de luxe with cams electric. Here I was talking of converting a machine from electric to treadle and I went and let you all convert me to a natural born treadle and an electric. I feel like I am having my cake and eating it, too! I must share that it was all the pics you all post of your vintage machines (electric and treadle) and how you found them and updates on restorations that got me here. Yeah, Board!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]489581[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489583[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489584[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]489585[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 00k0k_143fhdmpp4u_600x450.jpg  
Attached Images     

Last edited by patricej; 09-05-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: tried to enlarge tiny photos; didn't work