Old 08-29-2014, 03:49 PM
yobrosew

Rodney, the decals are not that great. I was disappointed when I got there and looked at pics again to see if the same machine. Yep, just missed with the shine and the beauty of the cabinet, which is in great shape. (except smells like cigarettes but I can fix that) Then I remebered I really was there first for the cabinet and the machine was the sprinkles on the cupcake, so to speak. Then...I sat down and sewed and I did not care about the decals. Although, I did get a wave of covetousness when I saw yours you acquired today. What is the serial number? Mine is FR 466124 which I don't find on any of the lists. The last patent date listed on the silver plate used to access bobbin is April 18, 1911 so we know it was after that. The pully system to pull the machine up and bring in the front panel is amazing! Outstanding engineering. The cabinet has the ruler inlaid and it is in very good condition. There is the key, original screwdrivers and all kinds of little thingies. The lady sold it as she bought it seven years ago, including all these little bonuses. Lots of bobbins. We heat with an old wood cookstove in our diningroom (yes, heats the entire house) and I am actually looking forward to sewing across the room from the stove looking out the bay window and treadling. I have had no luck, up to this point, with free motion quilting. However, after just a few minutes I tried and things are looking more hopeful. I have watched alot of videos on treadling and most seem to use two feet but this thing cruises, without me loosing control, with hardly any effort. And to think I thought I waas going to burn some colories and strengthen the leg muscles! Just runs to easy and with such little effort. The lady told me, but don't know if true, that when she bought it she was told it was still the original belt. Really? How? And the same belt is on it now. She did put a new one in the drawer for me that she bought for when the old one died but never needed it.