Old 09-10-2014, 06:57 AM
romanojg

When it comes to the scan n cut, there are two different models. I'd go with the highest one because its so worth it. First of all, it comes with more accessories that covers the cost alone plus it has lots more designs. I can go into just about any brother store and get additional supplies or help. Love talking to people in person instead of online or the phone. They have an online site where you can use your computer and do many things with your designs then download them. When I scan my designs in I save them to the device which automatically saves in the format that I need so no problem there. I can always move them to USB later. It may only cut one layer at a time but it is so fast and I can set it up to take that design and cut it more than once in that one cut so I get more than one at a time. I'm only limited to how big the design is as to how many it'll cut at a time. I love the fussy cutting and being able to put different fabrics for one project on the mat at onetime and then cutting out lots of different pieces on different fabrics. This is done because you can scan the fabric into the machine plus this is how you do the fussy cutting. My only problem is that I don't have enough time to play. The other good thing, Brother is well known for being good customer support. My machines are Viking, my serger is the latest Brother and I love the scan n cut. Which also allows me to scan documents and photos, etc onto my pc too. Its not just for projects.