Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt vs.Scan N' Cut vs Splice vs Sissix Vs Cricut??? >

Accuquilt vs.Scan N' Cut vs Splice vs Sissix Vs Cricut???

Accuquilt vs.Scan N' Cut vs Splice vs Sissix Vs Cricut???

Old 09-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
I have resized my scanned designs in scanncut, because I had to small of a print out from the printer so I had to fix in in the scanned image to get the right size.
Thanks to all of you for the information--sounds like Scan N Cut is on my Christmas list! Sure wish that the price was lower--but doubt that is likely to happen. Guess my 2nd question is what kind of software is needed on your computer? thanks!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:41 PM

The scan n cut comes with everything you need, including software.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
I have resized my scanned designs in scanncut, because I had to small of a print out from the printer so I had to fix in in the scanned image to get the right size.
After I scanned in my own design I didn't have the options to re-size come up. Can you tell me how you did it?
Old 09-08-2014, 06:02 PM

The Cameo silhouette much better price than the Brother scan n cut. Advantages include you are using your laptop so you can see the designs much better than the tiny screen built into the brother unit. They had a great price on it at the Madison quilt show last weekend, but he mentioned something that made me wait and see if a new model is about to be released.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:19 AM

Scan n Cut has some built in shapes but also the ability to put in other designs via a usb thumb drive. This is their free website to create patterns https://scanncutcanvas.brother.com
Old 09-09-2014, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by SewingGB View Post
The Cameo silhouette much better price than the Brother scan n cut. Advantages include you are using your laptop so you can see the designs much better than the tiny screen built into the brother unit. They had a great price on it at the Madison quilt show last weekend, but he mentioned something that made me wait and see if a new model is about to be released.
Tell me more--I noticed in the Nancy's Notions catalog I got yesterday that the price was about $100 less. Guess the major difference I could tell from catalog info was it uses a computer and Scan N Cut doesn't? Also the ad didn't really stress that it could be used with fabric that much. Do you know who makes it? Please weigh in if you have one. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2014, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by cmierley View Post
After I scanned in my own design I didn't have the options to re-size come up. Can you tell me how you did it?
I watched on YouTube and they said you cannot resize if it's a JPEG. You have to have saved it to a svg I think they said. Not familiar with this.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:57 AM

When it comes to the scan n cut, there are two different models. I'd go with the highest one because its so worth it. First of all, it comes with more accessories that covers the cost alone plus it has lots more designs. I can go into just about any brother store and get additional supplies or help. Love talking to people in person instead of online or the phone. They have an online site where you can use your computer and do many things with your designs then download them. When I scan my designs in I save them to the device which automatically saves in the format that I need so no problem there. I can always move them to USB later. It may only cut one layer at a time but it is so fast and I can set it up to take that design and cut it more than once in that one cut so I get more than one at a time. I'm only limited to how big the design is as to how many it'll cut at a time. I love the fussy cutting and being able to put different fabrics for one project on the mat at onetime and then cutting out lots of different pieces on different fabrics. This is done because you can scan the fabric into the machine plus this is how you do the fussy cutting. My only problem is that I don't have enough time to play. The other good thing, Brother is well known for being good customer support. My machines are Viking, my serger is the latest Brother and I love the scan n cut. Which also allows me to scan documents and photos, etc onto my pc too. Its not just for projects.