Old 04-01-2015, 02:26 AM
Mitch's mom

Originally Posted by annie123 View Post
I would say that if you want it and can afford it you should get what you want. that said I personally would rather have substance over gimmicks and would buy the best quality in a machine rather than "bells and whistles" Laser lights and pens and funny sounding feet aren't something I would waste money on. Remember that Brother has a long reputation as a poor quality machine., flash is cheap but for that kind of money I would buy a reputable machine that will go the distance and be reliable.
I am going to take issue with this part of this statement. Brother Does not have a long reputation as a poor quality machine. Period. Brother has been building sewing machines for almost 100 years and were the very first builders of commercial embroidery machines. They know how to build sewing machines. If they didn't they would not build machines for Babylock. Yes, they have some low end machines to sell at the big box stores. People can turn their nose up at those machines however, there are people who buy machines from those stores not knowing there are actual sewing machine dealers - reason being they are so few and far between - and they are perfectly happy with their Brother machine because Brother is not going to put poorly performing machines in stores that also sell their office machines - it would be very counter productive. Those big box store machines may be built to a certain price point but each one will perform the functions it is designed to do - within the limitations of the skill of the user. There is nothing wrong with a Brother machine or a Babylock built by Brother.