Old 04-01-2015, 06:10 AM
Maire

Originally Posted by annie123 View Post
I would say that if you want it and can afford it you should get what you want. that said I personally would rather have substance over gimmicks and would buy the best quality in a machine rather than "bells and whistles" Laser lights and pens and funny sounding feet aren't something I would waste money on. Remember that Brother has a long reputation as a poor quality machine., flash is cheap but for that kind of money I would buy a reputable machine that will go the distance and be reliable.
I am in shock over that last sentence, Brother machines are fantastic! I would buy a Brother product over any other brand and I have the brother machines to prove it. No, I am not afflicated with Brother or any other sewing machine company, I love the quality and performance. Almost 14 years ago I bought a Brother top of the line and another machine that begins with B (not Babylock) at almost the same time (long story there but involved winning a jackpot) I used those machines equally, the Brother is still going strong & my favorite machine, the other B machine died about 6 yrs ago, the motherboard went and very expensive to repair so machine unusable.

I use this as an example, not brand bashing, I actually love all machines but because I had a bad experience with one machine doesn't mean I would ever make a negative statement bashing the whole brand.