Old 04-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Joanie2

Nanax4, I'm approaching 62 next month and I just purchased the Aria a few months ago. I had some of the same feelings you have but it was more along the line of "I'm not the one bringing in the paycheck so how do I justify it to my husband who does?" I hemmed and hawed for a several months wanting it but knowing it was expensive, especially since I already owned 3 other older machines that worked perfectly fine. But I wanted that large harp so that I could start quilting my own quilts instead of paying someone else to do so. I don't mind paying for LA quilting for a special quilt but many of them are simple quilts that I donate or give to friends. I did my homework--went on line to research what machine I wanted, what their capabilities are and how much they cost. Then I went to my local sew and vac dealer to talk money. Finally I went to my husband to let him know all the details and he said "let's go check them out, no promises". After looking at my dream machine in a large sewing machine store they offered a fantastic deal my husband couldn't argue with. I was so surprised when he said "let's do it". It helped when I told him I would earn some of the money myself in any way I could. We left with a new Aria at a great price with a 6 mos same as cash contract. Two months later and I've paid it off and have already quilted 4 quilts! I know I saved over $400 in LA quilting. I am totally happy with my machine and it's bells and whistles and my husband is happy that I'm happy. So I say GO FOR IT! You will love every minute on your new machine. I know I do. My advice is Shop Around for the best deal you can get; take the free classes offered if you can and quilt to your heart's content! You're definitely worth it!