View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 05:25 PM
Maureen NJ

I have the hardest time copying the title of the thread on my IPad. Actually, I am not able to do that. Go into the advanced search and put in Bernina 830 fixed!!! And you will read all about my problems with the 830 and how I got it fixed. It is running beautifully now and is a joy to use. I am diligent about cleaning out the bobbin case and oiling the machine. Are you sure you are putting the thread behind that little spring which is above the needle? Are you the original owner? Have you had problems with the embroidery and thread breakage before? The company changed the hook in the bobbin case on all the 830s after about an year and a half because of all the problems. I do use the Organ titanium needles, which I love, and Superior thread, generally cotton for piecing and FMQ and a trilobal polyester for embroidery. No rayon! I also do play around with the the tension. My machine is running so well, I am really scared to take it in for servicing. I really want to stay there and just have them take out any dust bunnies from up on top that I can't get to and do updates. That's it! I never want to go back to where I was. It was so frustrating and I was so angry at myself for spending all that money. Now I am doing the happy dance! I sure hope you get it fixed!!