Old 07-07-2015, 12:34 PM
SewingSew

Several years ago, my daughter introduced me to the “People of Walmart” website. It was entertaining and disturbing at the same time… It is hard to believe that anyone would leave their house dressed like this. If you have never heard of People of Walmart--Google it. Dressing or behaving inappropriately is not exclusive to Walmart, but Walmart shoppers represent the general population in the US. As someone who has lived in another country, I can tell you that dressing outrageously is not exclusive to the US.

Sociologically the times we live in are very different than the way things were when many of us were kids. Adults and children alike are very sexual now, and they dress accordingly. We seem to live in a world where anything goes. I would never, ever have been allowed to leave my bedroom dressed the way I see some girls dress. We were taught modesty. I cared so much about the way I looked in high school that I slept in brush rollers every night, and I wouldn’t leave the house without makeup on. I’ve changed a lot through the years, but I still try to look presentable when I am in public.

Like many of you, I don’t understand letting your bra-straps show. I don’t like leggings. I don’t like thongs. I love patent leather shoes and crinoline ships, high heels and beautiful dresses, and I will never get tired of seeing a well-groomed man in a nice suit.