Old 10-27-2015, 02:01 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by Teri D View Post
No one mentioned Corian. I suppose it's not "trendy" but I love my Corian counter tops -- all one piece with coved backsplash and sink molded right in so there are no seams anywhere where gunk can hide. Clean-up is a breeze.
I'm with you Teri D, I love my Corian kitchen countertops.

We put Corian in our home when we did a remodel, we sold that home after having it for 30 years. Retired to AZ and took out the granite counter tops and put in Corian. We didn't like AZ and moved back to the Rocky Mountains and built a home here, we chose Corian counter tops in our home here. Needless to say we totally appreciate our Corian with coved back splash, no seams, molded extra deep sinks, no seams. What appealed and still appeals to me is it is seamless and easy to sanitize.

I have also have Corian around my laundry sink and my kitchen computer center desk top is matching Corian.

We went with Silestone engineered, which looks like quartz without being porous in our bathrooms. I love glitter and sparkle and the specs of sparkle in the Silestone counter tops totally had me wanting that in the bathrooms.

I agree with Teri D that Corian is not the trend right now. Regarding resale we sold two homes with people thinking the Corian was a plus as it was considered upgrades in the listings.