Thread: Golden Years
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 07:27 AM
Edie

My husband died March 2, 2013 at the age of 77. We were married just shy of 53 years. The night before my mother died (which was July 25, 2013) my mother told the chaplain that she had company. She said "Norm and Roger". Norm was my dad who died in 1983 and Roger was my husband. The chaplain said she knew who Norm was but didn't know who Roger was and my mother told the chaplain. "He was my son in law." I was taken aback, needless to say, but how comforting to know that my father and my husband were there to greet her. That is a golden moment in my life. Yes I believe it truly. I also believe that my sister in law, coming out of surgery, was seen by my husband, two days after he died, and he told her she would be fine. She's fine!!!!!!!! Another golden moment. My life is one big old golden moment.

THE REMEMBERING STAR

Perhaps they are not the stars
But rather openings in Heaven
Where the love of our lost ones
Pours through and shines down
Upon us to let us know
They are Happy. (Eskimo Legend)

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried.
Live your life in such a way that when you die
The world cries and you rejoice."

If your mother was a quilter or seamstress, I am sure my mother has already greeted her. My mother taught me absolutely everything I know about quilting and along with the frustrations, she told me patience helps!!!!!

God Bless you, your family and her friends. Edie