View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 07:13 AM
Irishrose2

It doesn't sound like a really good month for anyone. It's not all about the pounds. My weight is the same as last year, which is a reasonable number, but when I went to put on capris yesterday for the first time this year, all the ones that should have fit wouldn't go around my waist. Had to go up a size - thank goodness for a deep closet. Someone on Facebook posted a plank challenge. Why not? - it's supposed to tighten the core muscles. Yesterday's 20 seconds was too easy, but 4 minutes at 27 days may be a different story. I used to do the Pilates 100 for middle muscles. I will try that, too, but sure won't start with 100. I had three surgeries in a month, but none in the mid section. 2 cataracts and a breast biopsy. They all restricted lifting, but not exercise.

Pam, the flu is awful and then to add a toddler and a baby would make for a rough day.

Pat, I remember those last few weeks of school. You have to be a special person to work with special ed students. Kudos to you.

The month is almost over, but we have graduation open houses starting - there will always be temptations. "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips." Being gluten free helps - so much I can't have though I never did like plain cake. I am making cookies fro my great grandson's this weekend and for a granddaughter's later. One of my new recipes is so cute and people say they taste great. Chocolate chip cookies dough with marshmallows added, baked on a graham cracker square with a small section of Hershey bar on the top (added after they come out of the oven).