View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 02:53 AM
Edie

I don't know what is happening to quilt shops in St. Paul and Minneapolis. There is one fabric store, Treadle Yard Goods on Grand Avenue in St. Paul and that is the only one in St. Paul. Twin City Quilting is in Roseville which is a suburb (one block north of the City Limits on Larpenteur and Dionne. All of the Hancock's have closed, there is a JoAnn's in Roseville and one in White Bear Lake.

The ones in Minneapolis are so spread out (I found that out during the Shop Hop last year. Spent more time on a bus than the stores. And sorry to say, was a bit disappointed because they are mostly all the same.

I love Treadle even though it is a fabric shop and not a total quilt shop. I love the people there. They are really nice and know what they are talking about. They have beautiful batiks. That is a real go to place. I'll be heading over there in the next few days.

Enjoy your trip, I hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy our cities, mostly St. Paul. We are a tish smaller but a whole lot friendlier!!!!! I THINK!!!!!!!! I am too old to drive to all the other outlying stores in the Minneapolis end of the Twin Cities, besides which for sure I would get lost! And my GPS is filled up!!!!!! Edie