View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 08:53 AM
SewingSew

ManiacQuilter I love all the Star Trek Series and movies, except for the last one. I saw that at the drive-in 2 weeks ago and thought they focused more on the action than the plot.

Joanie2, You and I have a lot of similar tastes. I love pioneer stories. Little House almost always made me cry at the end. In my family, everyone waits to see if I cry at the end of a movie because it's predictable. Then they laugh at me.

Joanie, my son was on HGTV. He was on "Isn't That Clever," featuring his lighthouse paintings. That was 10 years ago. Remember Danny Bonaduce from "The Partridge Family?" His sister Celia was the director and I think producer for it. I think it's called "Crafters Coast to Coast" now. Celia also directed "The Jefferson's" and a popular Nicklelodeon show called "Double Dare." One of the Carol Burnett dancers was the assistant director. They filmed it in his house. I drove from North Carolina to Maine to be there for the taping.

One of the things I love about old movies is seeing how things once were, like the clothes and the cars, the hairstyles and the buildings, etc. I reaaly like a lot of the old technicolor movies. In my family, we used to watch Mystery Science Theater. Anybody remember watching that?