View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by sewmuch
Its so true what you all have said...I grew up with women who sewed, knitted, crocheted and quilted and was given many beautiful things that they made. I have inherited many crocheted doilies and table cloths don't use them but won't get rid of them...my grands had interest in quilting when they were young, now they don't have time....but when older they hopefully it will interest them...so sad
I am one who believes we are better off trying to interest middle aged women more than younger women in quilting. Middle aged--women whose kids are no longer little but rather, getting ready to fly from the nest. They have time and usually have more money than younger women. I know, with 5 kids, I'm kind of glad I wasn't quilting when they were all small--it would have been a terrible struggle to spend the time with them that I should have.

As to creativity...I'm reasonably sure the younger generation can be just as creative as they want to be. Not all have the same talents--and where I live, I was shocked to learn that some women here (Poland) couldn't even bake a cake! (moms of kids in my kids' school class.) I didn't know anyone in the states that didn't know how to make a cake.