View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 10:29 AM
rbwiese

There was a fabric in this swap that when it was cut into squares, it was stiff like card stock - it has so much sizing in it, I don't think it would ever feed through a machine or make a good child's "used" quilt.

I returned some squares unswapped of one print because they were not fussy cut - when there is not a complete image on the square, it is unusable in a quilt. If you need refreshing on fussy cutting here is a good video from Missouri Star quilting - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS3BCfko6Bc

Thank you for the "gifts" you sent with your squares - I appreciate all of them. The lumberjack beavers with beards were so cute!

Have a nice day and hope everyone enjoys their squares - and happy sewing! It makes these long winter days pass more quickly. However, yesterday was 70 here so I can't really complain about winter - trees are budding, jonquils are already blooming so unless Feb shocks us, we haven't had much in the way of cold weather. Would like a little to kill some of the insects - last summer was horrible with heat and bugs.