View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 03:26 PM
llong0233

Thanks for asking this question. The answers from members are interesting and informative. I'm probably not the right person to comment on fabric prices. I am still in shock at the cost of a new car or dinner for two at a modest restaurant! I agree with a comment made in one of the replies to this thread: the LQS have priced themselves out of business. Compared to on-line alternatives I have always found LQS fabrics and other items over priced. I love to visit them; just the visual of all that fabric and the perfectly stitched quilts and other items is very exciting. But the prices always frightened me. Still do, only more so. It's just too much. Not to mention the other "elephant in the room", the sewing machine. I am astounded at the amount of money that can be spent on a machine. And they just keep improving them and marketing them so effectively! How many sewing machines can one person use? I hardly sew at all any more and I have 4! What the heck? I could go on but there's nothing to be gained from ranting. Good luck to you all in your hunt for suitable fabric.