View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 03:44 AM
Damkina

Originally Posted by San Luis
Beautiful vision! Considering your artistic abilities (Amazingly gifted), have you thought about painting your fabrics by hand to achieve the look you want? There are many good fabric paints out there, liquids, pens, inks....I'm visualizing an approximate 12"x12" piece of white or colored background fabric would give you the amount of fabric you need for each dress. You could replicate a design to scale. Someone mentioned silk, oh my, that would be beautiful! Please keep us appraised as you create.
San Luis, and All,
Family life interrupted and put a stop to my sewing plans for a few weeks, so I'm only just catching up from where I left off. I'm hoping to to get started again later this week. Painting the dolls had me so intrigued, that I purchased a variety of DecoArt SoSoft fabric paints and a cream, fern fabric for the background.
Now, I've got to admit that I've never painted on fabric before, so this is going to be a whole new stomping ground for me. I've watched some videos on YouTube, but would welcome any suggestions and advice about these particular fabric paints.
When dry, will they keep the fabric soft enough for me to add/hand stitch the beads and trimming, or do I need another medium to add to the paint? And if necessary at some point in the future, will the quilt be able to be washed?
Again, thanks for all the help, very much appreciated.
Damkina