View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 11:04 AM
onestrokeartist

Well, I walked into our one quilting store and asked about their quilting classes. I asked a question about a quilting foot or a walking foot, can't quite remember, it was a couple of years ago. Obviously, according to the owner of the shop, I was an idiot. Her attitude was so, so superior to me. And I thought to myself, geez, there is absolutely no way that I would take classes from you. And at the same time, some other women came in that she knew, and she was having a grand old time laughing with them. I was actually still going to buy a pattern, but when I got to the cash register, she looked at me and then kept talking to her friends! Like I wasn't worth her time. So I walked out, didn't buy the pattern. I have checked from time to time on her website if she has different people teaching her classes, but the whole experience just turned me off. I do have a seniors centre close by where it is drop in to quilt but since I am still working, I cannot attend during the week during the day. I would have also have liked to make new friends in addition to learning quilting techniques. Two of my friends passed away, one has dementia, and the other her husband needs full time care at home.