View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 08:24 AM
klswift

I recently dropped cable and signed up for SlingTV. It has options as low as $20 per month. But, if you purchase the 'orange and blue' options, it includes the local channels with all the cable channels I like (AMC, History, FX, TNT, TBS, Food, NATGeo, A&E, etc). This was the only reason I didn't leave cable, none of the other options offered the locals. The whole package costs me $44 per month (with 50 hours of DVR and use on 2 tvs) instead of the $125 cable was costing. I added Acorn for $5 per month and other than the local news, I pretty much binge watch Acorn programs while in my workroom. I love the British and Australian shows. Another thing we do is one of my kids pays for Netflix and has the rest of us listed as users, another pays for hulu and does the same and my kid who pretty much only shops on Amazon has Amazon prime and has listed us as users on her prime account. They don't care about local news so this is their only costs. I have a Roku, but we got them Chrome plug-ins for gifts so they can have access on their big tvs and their bedroom tvs (cost $30-one time fee, no monthly things). Cable has just priced themselves out of the market and you end up paying for 100 channels that you will never look at!