Another actor/show ending

Old 12-20-2017, 02:50 AM

Default Another actor/show ending

One of the few series I watch....major crimes. what a surprise! Last night episode was a shocker, now I read the whole series is ending...boo-Hoo......and yet some really mindless, juvenile things remain on tv....certainly becoming a vast wasteland! Jmho
Old 12-20-2017, 04:13 AM
Power Poster

Geri B- do you have Netflix or Amazon Prime? Netflix has some great series. We don't watch any regular TV, in fact, I wish we could ditch cable altogether but my husband likes to watch the news.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

I find myself watching older shows (Andy Griffith, Lucy etc.) because what is on now is pretty disgusting. For me it's movies, hockey, and CBS News.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:52 AM

I was shocked at Major Crimes last night, too. I knew it was the final season but that never occurred to me. I watch a lot of the vintage TV shows. My cable company has several channels of vintage (reruns)but there are a few more I wish were available in my area. There is not much left in prime time that I will watch. Thank heaven for DVR!
Old 12-20-2017, 06:48 AM

yes, I do have/watch netflex and Amazon prime. But have cable for package deal....Internet, phone, tv, home security system...I do not watch vintage programs, most offered are so old the acting is so stiff.....just don't want to waste my time watching dated things...just wish current programs would be a little more sophisticated and intelligent...instead of knuckle-draggers
Old 12-20-2017, 07:05 AM

We pay nearly $100 a month for Dish Network, but still find ourselves with nothing worth watching, especially on Saturday night. I find I can't follow a lot of the newer shows because they talk so fast and the rapid scene shifting drives me nuts. And the background noise! OMG! It drowns out the dialogue! I guess that's why the old shows appeal to older folks like us, things are slowed down and not so obtrusive on our senses.
We live in a high-speed internet desert. Nothing. So our bandwidth won't allow us to download shows and watch them. Otherwise, I would ditch Dish in a heartbeat.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Our cable package has all different kinds of shows, I really prefer the older type shows. A lot of newer shows has an agenda. The older shows are from a more simpler time. To each his/her own.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
Our cable package has all different kinds of shows, I really prefer the older type shows. A lot of newer shows has an agenda. The older shows are from a more simpler time. To each his/her own.
I agree. The old shows were just entertainment. No agenda. I like that and watch a lot of older shows on TV
Old 12-21-2017, 05:59 AM

No cable here in the middle of nowhere so I have Roku, Amazon Prime and currently Netflix. But am finding I prefer to watch the local sub channels for vintage shows. Will settle into some movies after the holidays and hip surgery from one of the places I already have.
I do not watch current shows on the networks for the same reason Garden Gnome does, also seems their topics are an inside joke for those in Hollywood.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:44 AM

I totally agree with this as we also have Dish and most programs don't appeal to us. All the sports and kiddy programs and the selling shows--who wants or needs all that stuff. I'm even getting tired of the Christmas shows that all have the same simple story lines.
Originally Posted by Garden Gnome View Post
We pay nearly $100 a month for Dish Network, but still find ourselves with nothing worth watching, especially on Saturday night. I find I can't follow a lot of the newer shows because they talk so fast and the rapid scene shifting drives me nuts. And the background noise! OMG! It drowns out the dialogue! I guess that's why the old shows appeal to older folks like us, things are slowed down and not so obtrusive on our senses.
We live in a high-speed internet desert. Nothing. So our bandwidth won't allow us to download shows and watch them. Otherwise, I would ditch Dish in a heartbeat.