View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 07:03 AM
grammyjo

I am exactly in the same boat as you...moving 45 minutes away but waiting for a firm offer on this house before we can commit on another. I have gone through every piece of my yardage stash, kept what I wanted, and gave away the "what was I thinking" stuff. 12" blocks that were stored in a pizza box were given to a thrift shop. We have rented a storage unit and that's where the keepers are. In my sewing room now, I have 4 plastic 3-drawer units with scraps, mostly cut and sorted by size. But 2 drawers have "chunks" and 1/3 yd+. I am making a scrap quilt with 3 inch squares and also using up 3-1/2" for hst. I found a stack of about 50 7-1/2" white squares that were given to me some yrs ago, so I'm using them up. I have a plastic bin on my cutting table with these pieces. After the first unexpected showing and I had to do a stash & dash, I vowed to get somewhat organized on this so I wouldn't have to go through that again. Machine stays set up...after all, it is my sewing studio and I still live there. And when the need to sit at that machine and sew hits, I can do it very easily. Lots of good wishes for a quick move for you.