Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anybody else have this problem? >

Anybody else have this problem?

Anybody else have this problem?

Old 01-28-2018, 12:31 PM

Default Anybody else have this problem?

I am determined to not have a bunch of UFO's, so I finish each project that I start Most of the time. Occasionally I have to interrupt 1 project to get another 1 done (baby, birthday, etc). In the meantime, my brain is swirling inside with 20+ projects I can't wait to get started on! Then, when I am able to start something, I sometimes have so many in my head, I'm not sure which one to start next. Sometimes it's easy, there's a specific person/event in mind...but other times I almost feel a nervous energy and I can't decide which one to start next. Having my house on the market right now makes it harder, because I'm hesitant to get a big project started. Just as soon as I pull a bunch of fabrics, I'll more than likely get a call that someone wants to see the house and have to put it all away again.

Anyone else have this problem? I have started a bucket list and keep tweaking it/prioritizing; but there are way too many quilts I want to make right now!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-28-2018 at 12:37 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 01-28-2018, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

sounds like my life
Old 01-28-2018, 12:45 PM

yes, and add to that having to purge my stash and pack up a house in Boston and move to North Carolina, no wonder I woke up at 5 this morning from an exhausting dream. I have 2 t-shirt quilts along getting my attention. Good luck on your decision. I look forward to seeing your projects.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:27 PM

Want to ad that I don't make quilts just for making them sake. Each one is for a person or my shop, just have too much inspiration in my life right now!

Charleen, good luck on your move. We are still waiting for an offer on our house before we can commit. But, I am only moving about 45 minutes away, not as far as you!
Old 01-28-2018, 01:47 PM

99.9% of the time I finish one project before moving on the another. The quandary comes in when I have to decide what's next? I have fabric/drawings etc set aside for probably 10 different projects. Wall hangings for the cabin, a Christmas panel I didn't get to this past year. My niece and her hubby are "trying" so I have her baby quilt picked out. I have two projects for home I want to do. So yes!! My mind races 100 miles an hour....choices, choices???
Old 01-28-2018, 01:48 PM

Any smaller projects on that bucket list or can you add one for your new home- table runner, bed runner, table topper, placemats, small wall hanging? Easier to neaten up quickly maybe
Old 01-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Not a problem for me. I don't have much of a stash and right now working on scrap quilts. I seem to finish everything because I usually don't start one til the other is done. Of course, there are exceptions. I'm almost done quilting one, and I have two ready to quilt. I quilt on Fridays at the quilt shop with a bunch of nice women and I do the scrappy there. Takes less concentration. I started another Saturday Sampler. I'm almost done with that. And will hand quilt that one but no pressure because there isn't a deadline. I did finish the first Saturday Sampler from the shop. When we had our house on the market and I wanted to have something simple to sew on I made a jelly roll race which I just piled up on the machine when we had a showing. That didn't interfere with someone making an offer. House sold with sewing machine set up!! But I did neaten the area around it.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:22 PM

I have made 4 quilted pillows already this month and keep a hand quilting project going. Planning/piecing is when I make a mess, I pull lots of fabrics while I am deciding!
Old 01-28-2018, 04:35 PM

Been there, done that. When I had my house on the market, I destashed sending my sewing room into storage. Didn't realize it would take over 3 years to get the house sold as I put it up right when the market dropped big time. Got so bored waiting I went out and bought a simple sewing machine, folding type cutting table from JoAnne's, some totes for fabric.............got to have fabric and then of course all the essential tools to sew and cut fabric with.

I also am trying to go thru my UFOs before I start a new project but that doesn't stop me from dreaming of all those new projects I'm just itching to get started with. Then of course I'll a photo of a quilt someone has done here and I'll think, .......of yes, want to make that one too. You know the drill, we will never have enough time to make all the quilts we have on our bucket list..................at least I won't live long enough to make them all.
Old 01-28-2018, 04:56 PM

This is a quilters life....join the club..