View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 02:42 PM
NanaCsews2

Gone to several quilt shows over the years. Best thing I eventually learned was to take a headache tablet prior to getting out of the vehicle as the buzzing noise of a crowded room gives me headaches. I also carry a small purse just for essentials (money, Note phone, kleenex, pair of glasses, hard candy in case air is dry, and a snack bar) that hangs around my neck to keep my hands free; a pair of lightweight support shoes so my feet don't feel so heavy with all the walking and give support to my legs and back; support stockings as my ankles swell terribly when on my feet for hours; a lightweight sweater or jacket for cooler rooms and light enough to slip through the strap on the purse so nothing was in my hands in case it does get warmer (it will); and my DH. He carries all the packages, holds my jacket, tells me when we should stop for lunch, drives to and from the shows, lets me handle the budget. He waits in a chair along the wall so when I end up with a package, I can hand it to him once I go up the aisle and back down again. He's a trooper. Loves every minute of it. Especially when someone sits next to him that doesn't mind conversing. Take the time to stop and rest. Have a snack or light lunch. Enjoy it!