Thread: Frozen Roast
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 03:16 PM
mac

I did seal it in two separate rolls of aluminum foil. Maybe next time I will put it into a cooking bag, instead.

I never thought about meat that comes from different stores as being more tender than another. I always figure that a rump roast is the same in all stores. Maybe there is something to that. Since we have so many stores here, I think it would be hard to tell.

To all who wrote that meat is different than it was years ago, I think you are right. Meat does seem different than it was only ten years ago. Some cuts are better and some are not as good as they used to be.

There is one suggestion that I can make for everyone for using non-tender pieces of meat (beef, chicken, or pork) is that you can use a meat tenderizer known as a "Jaccard" Simply Better Meat Tenderizer. Here is one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000A3G0F6...524092549&sr=4

It does a great job of tenderizing meat by poking small holes in the meat and it tenderizes it beautifully. When I bought mine about 10+ years ago, it cost me $40 and I see now that the price has gone down considerably to just a little more than half of the original price. This gadget had been recommended in a steak restaurant article on how steak houses made there tender steaks even more tender. Since I love steaks and can't really afford them I thought I would try it on less tender cuts of meat, so I think it was a great buy at the cost I paid. Over the years, it has more than paid for itself.