View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 05:14 AM
Judith1005

Hello ladies,

Donna Pea, A couple more great blocks. Your going to be a piecing pro when you finish all these blocks. Looks like you are having fun. I love all your scrappy fabrics. They will be perfect in this quilt.

Anael, Your Fairy quilt is just darling. I am in awe or your embroidery blocks. And, it is no mean feat to get all those things to line up. Embroidery machines are challenging to work with. (What with the specialty threads and stabalizers and computer patterns.) I have heard of the work that goes into these quilt blocks. So, seeing yours come together so quickly is nothing short of a miracle. You must really enjoy working with these type quilts.

Macybaby, omg, you are a piecing and quilting maniac. It is clear that you found a kinship with quilting. I am enjoying seeing all the different type quilts you are making. I have been quilting a little longer then you and find, I am no where near your skill level. But, that's okay, I too enjoy this craft on a simpler level. That's why I enjoy seeing your quilts so much. They inspire me to try even more then I do now. (Although, right now, I find, I just really want to finish all the UFO's I have sitting around.) I find I am a much better starter then finisher. That's my primary goal to get all my unfinished objects into quilt tops ready for quilting. I did, send 4 out to a LA quilter so far. I am working on 2 more to send out. But, the list is longer then I care to admit. It might scare me and I will be derailed from my progress. lol

Teen, I did find a machine. It is just a simple "New Home" machine put out by Janome. It will primarily become my applique machine when I get the machine I really want. After seeing Macybaby's Juki in one or her photos, I got to researching a Juki straight stitcher. That is the one I'm saving for. DH and DS will help me buy it in November. It will be my birthday, (October) and Christmas present all rolled into one. I was adamant about buying mechanical machines only. I just don't think my budget would allow for the up keep on an electronic/programmable machine.