Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 45 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

In January we will start a block of the week, using Jennifer Chiaverini's book Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts.
    Our goal is 2 blocks a week, a schedule still has to be worked out if there is going to be one! This is open for discussion

You will need the book to be able to join. If you thought about making this quilt, please join us in the fun If you’ve already started, but got side-tracked, please jump in where you are and share your blocks.

There will be no patterns given and there is no sign-up required. Participants must purchase their own copy of the book. Participants are not permitted to share copies of the book's contents.

Here you can ask questions, share tips and show off your beautiful blocks or completed quilt. You can do as many as you like
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

You will make a wonderful moderator. I have the book and did a few blocks when works on the FWS but I have no immediate plans to continue it. I wish you the best.

Thank you GG You will be here to cheer us (or me ) on I hope ! ! !
    I just noticed: 136 views of this thread and you're the first one posting here

This sounds like a fun project!

Anael--I am one of the "viewers"...after you posted about it on the PC thread I came here and subscribed so I didn't miss out on the blocks.

Blog Entries
    I have the book, and was looking at it yesterday. Thought I'd start it next year, so this will be an inspirations. Thanks

I ordered the book yesterday and plan to participate, although I don't foresee being able to keep up. I will do what I can.

Barb, we don't have a plan yet. No stress, just do what you can. 1 block a week means you're working on this one about 2 1/2 years. The first Sylvia I made took me almost 3 years to finish.

I have the book and am very interested in joining the group. Love the blocks.

Thanks Anael! I am really excited but I also know that my time is limited. I "think" I could do a block a week. I am hoping to pick fabrics this weekend. I should have the book tomorrow!

You're welcome One block a week, two or one block every other week, it's all ok. We will be here to cheer you on.

Welcome to all who want to join the fun. As said, there's no pressure, just do what you can or what you like. If some of you want a schedule, I can try and work one out. Or assign one or two blocks every week, so it will be a surprise which blocks to make each week.
    Tell me what you want please.

Hi Anael, I'm here and definitely joining you (but you already knew that). My first two blocks are finished, can't wait for January to get here when I will start sewing up a storm in my clean sewing room
    Karen

what size are these blocks finishing at?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Mirabelle, I knew that It's great to see you here though and I can't wait to see your first blocks!

Elisabrat, the blocks are 6" finished.

I made the blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler last year but have yet to completely put the top together. Life just gets in the way! LOL This quilt is great for learning new techniques. Stretched me! My advise would be to take your book to Office Depot or maybe Staples and have them put the spiral binding on it. Very inexpensive to do and such a big help. The book will then lay flat and is much easier to use.

AlvaStitcher, please show us the quilt when you put it together! We would love to see it.

Good idea to put a spiral binding on the book. It really makes things so much easier

Hi Anael - I have been doing some of the blocks on the SBS BOW yahoo site - but it would be lovely to be here too ! It is nice to get other peoples help and tips ! I did write to you a little while ago - were you doing a Dear Jane BOW on QB - I think I remember your name ??
    I had my book spiral bound - it helps so much. Looking forward to this journey.

Hi Dotty, nice to see you here! I did some on the same Yahoo site too but life got in the way. It would be great to see your blocks
    Did I ever answer you on the DJ thread? I'm very sorry if I didn't!! Yes I'm doing a DJ too.

Hi Anael,
    This is a link to my SBS design wall - with which you can click on any block and it will enlarge it. Do let me know if it doesn't open !

http://www.amiga.talktalk.net/index.html

My Dear Jane link is at the bottom of this reply ! I love these little blocks LOL.

A Christmas Sylvia and a Christmas Jane!! Gorgeous ! ! ! Both

Thanks so much Anael - I had so much Christmas fabric - these little blocks are a great way to use it !

DottyD I love your virtual wall of blocks, so great to see how your quilt is growing.
    Karen

DottyD....wow....those are both impressive! Where/how did you get your Virtual design wall, is it a program that can be purchased or something like an excel spreadsheet?

Blog Entries
    I had sort of put this one aside, thinking I'd never finish, but I'm planning to follow along with you. I have a few blocks done and several in packages ready to sew. I was thinking of doing a QAYG on this quilt. If I can't keep up I'll watch everyone else. Fun, fun for the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    DottyD....wow....those are both impressive! Where/how did you get your Virtual design wall, is it a program that can be purchased or something like an excel spreadsheet?
    Hi Mirabelle,
    Thank you so very much for your kind comments. I discovered the design wall when I was doing my Dear Jane - but sadly Sharon Mastbrook - who put all the details of how to upload it - has for some reason - removed all the details of how to do it from the web - so I am afraid I can't help you. Lots of people tried to find out how to do it - I believe even Brenda Papadakis ( who wrote Dear Jane) could not find out why it disappeared ! I am so sorry about that.
    Regards,
    Dot.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 11 ... LastLast