Old 05-03-2018, 07:41 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

The problem arose because lots of you sent 10 of one kind, but we only had 8 bags. That's why once I figured that out I asked you to make 8 plus 2 oddballs in each bag. I had to redistribute your blocks into a mixed bag of 10 to make it sane to swap them. If you sent 10 of a kind, then two of yours went into someone else's bag. Confusing much? Next time I'm going to have you all send in mixed bags of 10... 10 different squares in each bag so I can just swap bag for bag.

For this time, just leave feedback for whomever's name is on the bag. There is no way to know who made the extra one or two that were in your bag. It's ok...

We had 19 swappers including me, so the same blocks did not go to everyone. But everyone got a nice assortment!

For those who are making ahead, we will do a max of 10 bags next time, with 10 different blocks in each. If you only want to send in 6 or 7 bags, only make 6 or 7 of each block, max, so you will not have duplicates in your bags.

Also, I had to send back some blocks that had "white type" fabrics. If they read as white from across the room, I consider them white, even if they are pale gray or pale, pale pink. Please be sure your solid fabrics read as a color.

And next time we will be using different scraps, so we do not duplicate any fabrics from the first swap. Please. I will go over all this in the next sign up, but wanted to put this out there now because I know some of you are already choosing fabrics and sewing for the next swap!

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 05-03-2018 at 07:53 AM.