View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 04:58 AM
kristakz

Did you hear that horrific crash? That was me falling off the wagon.

June 21 was my birthday, and it was also the start of the Row-by-Row. So, what could I do except a shop-hop with a friend? We headed out to the first store (and hour away) and worked our way back through a total of 5 shops. I started strong! Picked up patterns at the first 2 shops, but no fabric. And a thread cutter pendant, but it was my birthday after all, and I've wanted one forever. Then we hit THE SHOP. Oh my goodness it is dangerous - almost entirely Northcott fabric, which I love. And right away I found 3 different ombre fabrics that I just had to have - and of course they needed friends. But I got a 20% guild discount, so that's something.

But that apparently opened the floodgates. Next stop - one fabric came home (friend picked up several, so I was feeling good). But the whole time we were shopping, she was inspecting fabrics for one-block-wonder appropriateness (is that a word?). And she sucked me in. I've made several already, but at shop number 3, just as we were leaving - empty handed - she spotted a fabulous fabric. She resisted - I did not. I told her I was buying it just so she didn't have to

But like I said - floodgates open. Since I came back, I've signed up on the Facebook one-block-wonder forum. And I've been hunting for more options - panels are an intriguing idea. And hence, one more fabric purchase, online.

Someone stop me!