View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 06:59 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Adorable Givio! Great FMQ.
o
Well, swappers, all the packages went out yesterday! Most of you will get your package tomorrow, and a few will get theirs on Saturday.

I did not open bags this time. I just swapped bag for bag. So if you have any problems with any of the blocks, do let me know, but also take it up with the person who made the blocks and try to work things out between you. Of the ten swap packages I got, 8 were wonderful and the remaining 2 had some problems. One bag had 9 blocks too small. I was able to fix them by altering some seams, but really the sender should have done that. Everyone should be putting the 6.5" square ruler on top of their finished blocks to check size before they send them. Put the ruler in one corner to measure, not centered. Centering only splits the shortage and makes it look like less of a shortage than it really is. So start from a corner. Fix the blocks before you send them. 6 3/8" blocks, or even 6 7/16" are not cool! Full 6.5" blocks only, please.

Post #2 of this thread gives a tutorial on how to get the perfect 6.5" block.

Also, everyone should have sent blocks that were pressed and trimmed! Another of the bags I received was not. I don't relish having to "work" further on blocks when I traded good ones. Neither does anyone else. It makes them not want to swap anymore.

So let me know if you got problematic blocks this time... and also let the sender/maker know too. I will keep a list and if these people swap again their blocks will be individually checked and the bad ones sent back unswapped. It's only fair to the 95% of you who sent in good blocks that are ready to go into a quilt.

I'm also a believer in honest feedback.

Watch for those packages in the mail! The fabric choices were great this time and overall the blocks were fabulous!