Thread: E-Magazines?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 06:12 AM
leighway

Even tho I'm computer savvy, I have not developed a love of reading anything on a tablet, especially magazines...they don't have any life in them. However, there have been changes lately with some of my favorite magazines -McCalls and BHG All People Quilt and frankly, the changes are bad. The death of Laura Boenke as test quilter left a terrible gap. She was very talented and so far, no one has come near filling her shoes. Both pubs I mentioned seem to have become more elementary and boring. Meanwhile, Quiltmaker which used to be elementary and boring has become more interesting..not enough to have me renew, however. So....I'm close to stopping my American pubs and looking overseas. Someone on this board mentioned that AU and UK have very interesting pubs and I agree....I'll be heading that way and if I have to get them electronically then I'll spring for maybe one...and it's time to start going through my mags and culling...all my Quilter's Newsletter collection went to a kindergarten teacher (she was thrillled) and I haven't missed a one!